Response Team/Senior Care Worker
We have an exciting opportunity within our Bath office.
We wish to recruit a senior home care worker to join our Response Team working through the Bath and Keynsham areas of the County.
As a member of our Response Team you are responsible for setting up and starting all new care packages, responding to referrals from Adult Social Care, Health and Private Individuals. Duties will include the following:
- Undertaking the initial assessment of all new care packages
- Liaising with the service user and their family/carer/representative to ensure their desired outcomes are clearly documented in Way Ahead Care systems.
- Create both the written and electronic service user records.
- Initiate problem solving solutions during the 2 week assessment period with negotiation and agreement from all agencies and other individuals involved with the service user.
- Liaise with the office team to establish a suitable routine for calls, schedule for visits and delivery team.
- Ensure the service user and their family/carer/representative is satisfied with the proposed main service delivery.
In addition the Response Team support the wider team with delivery and staff development. This is likely to include the following:
- Short notice hands on care delivery to cover staff absence or service user emergency.
- Supporting staff by providing 1:1 coaching or mentoring in areas that impact their care delivery.
- Attend and actively engage with monthly staff team meetings on a rotational basis.
- Provide support with and candour to investigations, incidents or complaints.
- Maintain and develop the professional reputation of Way Ahead Care in the community by role modelling the desired standards of care and support, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will need a good experience in Social Care. Home Care experience would be desired but not essential.
There are office based activities including creating and updating service user records on the company systems. While systems training will be provided, computer experience and keyboard skills will be essential.
Whilst there will be key tasks associated with this role, the unpredictable situations that often occur within Domiciliary care require the post holder to also have a customer service approach, enthusiasm and a positive focus.
The role is salaried with a working shift pattern over 4 weeks. This will include shifts from 07:00 to 14:30, 09:00 to 16:00 and 14:30 to 22:00.
Click Here To Apply Online