Area: Taunton, Somerset Hours: £11.44 per hour £12.04 per hour at the weekends Reference: csup080722
Care Supervisor – Head Office, Taunton
To support the organisation in delivering a flexible service to Service Users and other care schemes the Company operates. Promote Way Ahead Care and the services provided to the wider public. Carry out routine and bespoke tasks to ensure the company is compliant in regulatory requirements under the direction of the Care Manager; (these are only examples and not an exhaustive list)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as a positive role model for care staff, to be aware of health and safety at all times and ensure a high standard of care delivery
- To undertake risk assessments of the working environment for Service User and Way Ahead Care staff, this includes the care environment and all equipment
- To support care staff and assess/undertake conduct and competency observations within the community. This will include undertaking the relevant feedback, review and investigations to ensure smooth delivery, at the request of the Care Manger or their representative.
- Set up new care packages in line with company and regulatory requirements to ensure they are ready for service delivery
- Assess, reassess and amend Service User risk and care needs assessments where changes have been notified to the office and ensure accurate written records are kept of all situations and filed appropriately
- Undertake alternate weekend on call duties covering 06.30 – 22.30 Saturday and Sunday. (working from home)
- To observe confidentiality of both service user and staff at all times
- To attend regular meetings within the office and care teams.
- To routinely attend service user reviews as requested by the Care Manager.
- Promote a good team working environment and opportunities for service improvement within the care team.
- Support Care manager with investigation, fact finding and document retrieval in the event of any complaints or unsatisfactory service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with policy and working procedures at all times and maintain records up to date.
- Undertake regular training and development and maintain a current knowledge of social care legislation and local services. You must be prepared to adapt you practices and support others to respond to necessary changes in a positive way.
- Undertake duties linked to Way Ahead Care’s regulatory requirements as directed by the Care Manger
- To provide cover for the Co-ordination team as and when required
- To provide hands on care delivery for all care services the company operates.
Person Specification –
- An understanding of CQC regulations in relation to domiciliary care.
- Effective communication Skills
- Knowledge of office operating systems
- Experience of working on computers and use of Microsoft software packages.
- A proficient skill based in the workings of Staff Plan Roster
- Ability to be flexible in working approach.
- In depth knowledge of the care and supported living and related issues
- Demonstrate a professional working attitude.
- Demonstrate commitment to Continual Professional Development.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems or seek advice from Care Manager.
- The post holder should hold a relevant Level 3 qualification or be willing to undertake within 6 months of appointment.
- Must be a car driver
Great reasons to join our team:
- Full employment (we do not offer self-employed arrangements)
- Flexible working pattern (long term or short term periods).
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Dedicated management support.
- Full Induction training and ongoing nationally recognised training.
- Paid holiday.
- Bank Holiday enhancements.
- Additional holidays for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- We manage all DBS submissions and references.
- Staff support 24/7.
- Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme paying up to £900 for each successful referral.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly Staff Lottery.
For more details regarding the training that we provide click here
COVID-19 Note: Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to ensure your safety whilst at work. Therefore, gloves, aprons, masks, hand sanitiser and face shields (when necessary) will be available.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or working for Way Ahead Care please look at our Frequently Asked Question page by clicking here.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome applications from all individuals. As this position involves “regulated activity” (as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) an Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.