Area: Taunton, Somerset Hours: £10.50 - £11.10/hour Reference: HCATAU080722
Home Care Assistant – Taunton, (Driver Essential)
Working as a Home Care Assistant, we have positions in Taunton and surrounding areas that could make a real difference to the lives of our service users.
Please note: A full UK driving licence and vehicle is required for community care.
Hours: 7am-2pm and/or 4pm-10pm
Days: Flexible, but all employees must be available to work alternative weekends.
Location: Taunton Deane
Contract: Permanent, full or part time.
Home Care Assistant duties include:
- Assisting with morning and evening routines; dressing, personal care, etc.
- Meal preparation; making a cup of tea through to helping with breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Light domestic duties.
- Assistance with medication.
- Maintaining accurate records.
In return we offer great benefits including:
- Free training and ongoing support in the role.
- Choice of full and part time hours to suit your work/life balance.
- Competitive hourly rates.
- Enhanced rates paid for Bank Holidays.
- Fixed 2-week rolling rota pattern.
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile (community care).
- Travel time paid at hourly rate (community care).
- Free enhanced DBS check.
- Additional holidays for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- A generous Recommend a Friend Scheme paying up to £900 for each referral.
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly staff lottery.
- Birthday Leave Day.
Our service users deserve the best care possible, every day of the year. You will therefore have the commitment and desire to give someone your best attention. If you live in the UK and have a calm, trustworthy and caring nature then this role could be right for you. Previous experience is not needed as full training is given.
About Way Ahead Care:
As an established and well known company, we believe in providing individual care for individual people. We employ over 200 staff across Somerset and Bath, who work in the community, extra care housing, live-in care services and supported living. We are proud of the quality care and support we provide and would love you to be part of our team.
For further information please click here to visit our FAQ page.
Hit ‘Apply Now’ to complete a short application form.
You will receive a telephone call to discuss your application and the job role further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
(We are an Equal Opportunity employer. The position involves “regulated activity” as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006. An Enhanced DBS check is required.)