Area: Taunton, Somerset Hours: £10.50 - £11.10/hour Reference: CASECHTA080722
Care & Support Assistant – Taunton, Extra Care Housing
We are a well-known care company based in Taunton. As a Care & Support Assistant you will have access to free training, competitive hourly rates and flexible working rotas. Don’t miss out … apply today!
FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE, WORKING ALTERNATE WEEKENDS
Positions available at:
- Kilkenny Court, Taunton (mostly evening availability)
- Elizabeth House, Taunton (also 2-3 sleepovers per week available)
- Tennyson Court, Taunton
Hours of work: 7am – 2pm and/or 4pm – 10pm
Great reasons to join our team:
- We are an established and well-known care provider.
- Free, paid induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training.
- We offer a choice of full or part time hours, to suit your work/life balance.
- Competitive hourly rates paid.
- Fixed 2-week rolling rota pattern.
- Free Enhanced DBS check (subject to terms).
- Enhanced hourly rates for Bank Holidays.
- Additional holiday entitlement for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- There is a generous Recommend a Friend scheme in place paying up to £900 for each referral.
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly staff lottery.
- Paid Birthday Leave Day.
- Our latest CQC inspection report resulted in ‘Good’.
Way Ahead Care was established in 1994 and works alongside local authorities to build a strong reputation in the area. We offer community care, Extra Care Housing, supported living and live-in care services within Somerset and Bath. Today we employ over 200 staff, who we continually invest in training to allow personal development and quality care delivery. Would you like to join us as a Care & Support Assistant?
“We believe in providing individual care for individual people.”
Our service users deserve the best care possible, every day of the year. You will therefore need commitment and the desire to give someone your best attention. You will work as part of a team to ensure quality care delivery. If you have a calm, trustworthy and caring nature then this job could be right for you. Previous experience is not needed as full training will be given. You have to be living in the UK to apply.
As all the care is delivered in one place, a car is not needed for our ECH Care & Support Assistant positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. This role involves “regulated activity” as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006. An Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Duties as a Care & Support Assistant include:
- Assisting with morning and evening routines; dressing, personal care, etc.
- Meal preparation; making a cup of tea through to assisting with breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Light domestic duties.
- Assistance with medication.
- Maintaining accurate records.
For further information please click here to visit our FAQ page.
Could you care for someone the way that you would like to be cared for? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Hit the Apply Now button below to register your interest.
- A phone call will be received within 24 hours (48 hours if application arrives over a weekend) so please make sure a correct telephone number is supplied.
- Before interview, a full application form will need to be completed. This will be sent by email.
- Following interview, if offered a position you will join our next available induction programme.
We look forward to hearing from you.