Area: Taunton, Somerset Hours: £20,008 per annum Reference: CCTAU210722
Care Co-Ordinator – Head Office, Taunton
You will co-ordinate the delivery of care and support services in a professional, efficient and effective manner, which enables Way Ahead Care to help Service Users and Tenants to live in their own homes with respect, dignity and independence.
Working under the direction of the Care Manager/Deputy Care Manager you will be managing and maintaining the future and day to day service delivery rota to ensure all calls are covered with an appropriate carer, taking into account Service Users needs and staff availability. You will liaise with Community Supervisors, Care Assistants and Integrated ECH Scheme Managers to ensure staffing shortages and absences are covered and fluctuations to care and support packages reflect the changing needs of the Service Users.
You will be responsible for ensuring that office protocols are adhered to and records kept up to date according to legislative requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead and influence your office and operational shift team reinforcing a positive working environment, recognising potential and maximising opportunities for development.
- Stabilise your teams when they are faced with the inevitable pressures of service delivery
- Work within a team to compile and deliver the Rota system to maintain the efficient and effective use of the care staff ensuring the continuity of service delivery in accordance with company objectives,
- Ensuring all calls are covered in line with Service User needs and staff availability
- Ensuring the rota is compliant health and safety and employment legislation regarding care packages and working time directives.
- To be the first point of contact for Integrated Scheme Managers, Team Leaders and care staff, Service Users regarding ongoing service delivery.
- To give informative and appropriate feedback to Managers, Team Leaders and Care and Support staff.
- Attend Service User Reviews as requested by Care Manager/Deputy Manager
- To ensure Office Admin Procedures are fully complied with
- Conduct and report your findings on the initial investigation of any complaints or critical incidents received in relation to any care services delivered for the Care Manager to action in accordance with the Company procedures
- Undertake regular Continual Professional Development ensuring you keep abreast of legislation, policy and best practice within the sector
- To undertake the duties of the On Call in either a rota with other team members, or as and when to meet the needs of the business (covering holiday or absence for example)
- Experience of supporting and supervising a diverse staff group with differing abilities in a challenging environment
- Ability to motivate and maximise staff performance to achieve the organisational goals and requirements of the service
- Experience of working in an environment relevant to the customer base and supporting a staff team to work in a customer focussed environment
- Managing and completing complex projects or tasks on a regular basis
- Experience of working in complex environments, when priorities often conflict and an ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Experience of working on computers and use of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to assimilate and apply policy and legislation, network, persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Excellent prioritisation, organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences, both orally and in writing. Empathy and behavioural awareness
Great reasons to join our team:
- Full employment (we do not offer self-employed arrangements)
- Flexible working pattern (long term or short term periods).
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Dedicated management support.
- Full Induction training and ongoing nationally recognised training.
- Paid holiday.
- Bank Holiday enhancements.
- Additional holidays for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- We manage all DBS submissions and references.
- Staff support 24/7.
- Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme paying up to £900 for each successful referral.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly Staff Lottery.
For more details regarding the training that we provide click here
COVID-19 Note: Full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to ensure your safety whilst at work. Therefore, gloves, aprons, masks, hand sanitiser and face shields (when necessary) will be available.
If you have any further questions regarding the position or working for Way Ahead Care please look at our Frequently Asked Question page by clicking here.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome applications from all individuals. As this position involves “regulated activity” (as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) an Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.