Care & Support Supervisor (Community based – must be a car driver)
We wish to recruit a Care Supervisor for our domiciliary care provision Taunton.
As a Care Supervisor you will play an integral role in supporting the Care Manager to ensure the company meets its regulatory requirements.
Duties will include:
- Undertake risk assessments of the working environment for Service User and Way Ahead Care staff, this includes the care environment and all equipment
- To support staff and assess/undertake conduct and competency observations within the community.
- Set up new care packages in line with company and regulatory requirements to ensure they are ready for service delivery
- Assess, reassess and amend Service User risk and care needs assessments where changes have been notified.
- Ensure accurate written records are kept of all situations and filed appropriately
- Act as a positive role model for care staff
The Supervisor has a key role in liaising between the Care Manager and the front line care delivery. Working hours predominately 08:00 to 16:00 with alternate weekends.
Your role would be to ensure the ongoing quality of provision is maintained, support staff in difficult or challenging situations and support the Care Manager to ensure Way Ahead Care meets its contractual and regulatory requirements.
On alternate weekends the Supervisor will be responsible for the weekend On Call. Working from home, they will provided emergency telephone support for staff and ensure that the care provision is maintained in the event service interruptions.
You will need to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of Social Care, preferably in a domiciliary care environment, hold a relevant Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification, and have a basic knowledge of the CQC regulations in relation to Domiciliary Care.
Experience of working with Staff Plan Roster software programme would be an advantage, but not essential.