Community Carer – Taunton Deane
We are an established family-run care company based in Taunton. We offer all employees access to free training, competitive hourly rates and flexible working rotas. Don’t miss out … apply today!
Why should you apply to be a Community Carer with Way Ahead Care?
- We are an established and well-known company.
- Free induction training programme that you are paid to attend.
- Ongoing support and training is provided.
- We offer a choice of full or part time hours, paying competitive hourly rates.
- Mileage is paid at 45p per mile and travel time is paid at your hourly rate.
- Free enhanced DBS check (subject to terms).
- Enhanced hourly rates for Bank Holidays.
- Additional holiday entitlement for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- There is a generous Recommend a Friend scheme in place paying up to £900.
- Our latest CQC inspection report resulted in ‘Good’.
Way Ahead Care has grown from the passion of one individual (founder, Pamela Smith) who took over a domiciliary care service in 1994. Richard Smith, appointed Managing Director in 2015, has since progressed and expanded the company. We now offer community care, Extra Care Housing, supported living and live-in care services within Somerset and Bath. Today we employ over 200 staff, who we continually invest in training and development to enable personal advancement and quality care delivery. Would you like to join us as a Carer?
“We believe in providing individual care for individual people.”
We’re looking for individuals who wish to start or continue a rewarding career in Social Care. As a Carer, you will assist Service Users with, for example, light domestic duties, personal care, companionship and meal preparation whilst encouraging their independence. As part of your employment, we provide a full induction which is free of charge. Previous experience in this role is not required. What you need is a passion to care for others, a willingness to learn along with a calm and trustworthy nature. A sense of humour goes a long way too.
As a Community Carer your hours will be between 7am-2pm and/or 4pm-10pm however, there may be some flexibility within these hours. You will also work alternate weekends in order to meet the needs of our service users.
For further information please click here to visit our FAQ page.
Our Service Users live within Taunton Deane and therefore motorised transport is necessary for this role.
Could you care for someone the way that you would wish to be cared for? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Hit the Apply Online button below to register your interest.
- A phone call will be received within 24 hours (48 hours if application arrives over a weekend) so please make sure your telephone number is stated correctly.
- Prior to interview, a full application form will need completing but this will be sent to you by email.
- Following interview, if offered a position you will join our next available induction programme.
(We are an Equal Opportunity employer. This position involves “regulated activity” as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and will therefore require an Enhanced DBS check.)
Click Here To Apply Online