Area: Taunton Deane Hours: £9.00 - £9.90 per hour
Homecare Worker (Driver Essential) – Taunton Deane
We are an established family-run care company based in Taunton. As a Homecare Worker you will have access to free training, competitive hourly rates and flexible working rotas. Don’t miss out … apply today!
To apply for this role it is essential that you hold a valid UK driving licence with access to a car.
Great Reasons To Join Way Ahead Care as a Homecare Worker:
- We are an established and well-known company.
- Free training and ongoing support in the role is provided.
- We offer a choice of full or part time hours, paying competitive hourly rates.
- Fixed 2-week rolling rota pattern.
- Mileage is paid at 45p per mile and travel time is paid at your hourly rate.
- Free enhanced DBS check (subject to terms).
- Additional holidays for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- There is a generous Recommend a Friend scheme in place paying up to £900.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly Staff Lottery.
- Our latest CQC inspection report resulted in ‘Good’.
- We believe in providing individual care for individual people.
Way Ahead Care has grown from the passion of one individual (founder, Pamela Smith) who took over a domiciliary care service in 1994. Richard Smith, appointed Managing Director in 2015, has since progressed and expanded the company. We now offer community home care, Extra Care Housing, supported living and live-in care services within Somerset and Bath. Today we employ over 200 staff, who we continually invest in training and development to enable personal advancement and quality care delivery. Would you like to join us as a Homecare Worker?
“We believe in providing individual care for individual people.”
We’re looking for individuals who wish to start or continue a rewarding career in Social Care. Working in the community, you will assist Service Users with various tasks. This includes light domestic duties, personal care, companionship and meal preparation whilst encouraging their independence. As part of your employment, we provide a full induction which is free of charge. You do not need previous experience. What you need is a passion to care for others, a willingness to learn along with a calm and trustworthy nature. A sense of humour goes a long way too.
As a Homecare Worker your hours will be between 7am-2pm and/or 4pm-10pm and you will work alternate weekends.
For further information please click here to visit our FAQ page.
Our Service Users live in the community within Taunton Deane so a car and UK driving licence is needed for this role. Please Note: Your application will not be processed if you do not hold a driving licence.
Could you care for someone the way that you would wish to be cared for? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Apply online to register your interest.
- A phone call will be received within 24 hours (48 hours if application arrives over a weekend) so please make sure your telephone number is stated correctly.
- Prior to interview, you will need to complete a full application form but this will be sent to you by email.
- Following interview, if offered a position you will join our next available induction programme.
(We are an Equal Opportunity employer. This position involves “regulated activity” as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 so an Enhanced DBS check is required.)