Area: Taunton Deane Hours: From £10.50 per hour Reference: SWTAU110522
Support Worker – Taunton, (Driver Essential)
Way Ahead Care provides personalised support and care for individuals with learning disabilities, autism and other complex conditions. Our Service Users live in their own homes and the Support Worker role is key to this.
As a Support Worker you will assist with aspects of day to day living and participate in a range of activities both at home and in the community.
You must be a driver and have access to your own car.
We require a number of flexible, committed, self-motivated individuals with great communication skills to join our small team of LD Support Workers.
As a Support Worker, you will deliver community based support to Service Users in their own homes within the communities of Taunton Deane and Sedgemoor. Typical tasks will include helping people with day to day responsibilities including tenancy related administration, and money management. You will support individuals to access and attend employment or social activities. In addition to this you will provide assistance with medication and other personal support needs.
It is essential that you have access to motorised transport to enable you to travel to our Services Users within a 20 mile radius of Taunton.
Full or part time positions are available, working 8am-6pm, to include alternate weekend working. There may be the need to provide support and care at alternative times or in addition to the on-going package. For example when the Service User wishes to go to the theatre or a sporting event. However, any temporary changes to working hours will be negotiated with you as and when required. Travel time and mileage and also paid.
Previous experience is not essential. All new employees receive an extensive induction to both the role and the Company. You will also have the opportunity for further personal development through nationally recognised qualifications. To find out more about our induction training click here
To find out more about working for Way Ahead Care please see our Frequently Asked Questions page – click here
Why should you apply to be a Support Worker with Way Ahead Care?
- We are an established and well-known company.
- Free training and ongoing support in the role is provided.
- We offer a choice of full or part time hours, paying competitive hourly rates.
- Mileage is paid at 45p per mile and travel time is paid at your hourly rate.
- Free enhanced DBS check (subject to terms).
- Enhanced pay rates for Bank Holidays.
- Additional holidays for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- There is a generous Recommend a Friend scheme in place paying up to £900.
- Our latest CQC inspection report resulted in ‘Good’.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly staff lottery.
- Birthday Leave Day.
- We believe in providing individual care for individual people.
We are looking for people with life experience that are able to adapt to change and work flexibly with our Services Users to meet their support needs.
- Hit the Apply Online button below to register your interest.
- A phone call will be received within 24 hours (48 hours if application arrives over a weekend) so please make sure your telephone number is stated correctly.
- Prior to interview, a full application form will need completing but this will be sent to you by email.
- Following interview, if offered a position you will join our next available induction programme.
We look forward to receiving your application.
(We are an Equal Opportunity employer. This position involves “regulated activity” as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and will therefore require an Enhanced DBS check.)