Area: Taunton Deane & Sedgemoor Hours: £97.20 - £121.00 per night
Waking Nights Carer – Up to 4 nights per week
Due to increased demand Way Ahead Care would like to recruit a Waking Nights Carer to provide support throughout the night in the community and Extra Care Housing.
Way Ahead Care has grown from the passion of one individual (founder, Pamela Smith) who took over a domiciliary care service in 1994. Richard Smith, appointed Managing Director in 2015, has since progressed and expanded the company. We now offer community care, Extra Care Housing, supported living and live-in care services within Somerset and Bath. Today we employ over 200 staff, who we continually invest in training and development to enable personal advancement and quality care delivery. Would you like to join us as a Waking Nights Carer?
“We believe in providing individual care for individual people.”
Through both private and local government contracts, a Waking Nights Carer gives assistance to those with an ongoing night need. This can either be in the community or at one of the 7 Extra Care Housing Schemes we support.
Working hours are from 22:00 to 07:00/08:00 depending on location and individual need, providing varying services. This can include end of life care or ongoing care and support as part of a wider care package. You may also need to respond to tenants in the event of an emergency if located in an Extra Care Housing Scheme.
Our services are delivered throughout Taunton Deane and Sedgemoor. Access to motorised transport will be required.
For more information about working for Way Ahead Care please see our Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here
Why should you apply to be a Waking Nights Carer with Way Ahead Care?
- We are an established and well-known care provider.
- Free training and ongoing support in the role is provided.
- We offer a choice of full or part time hours, paying competitive hourly rates.
- There is a generous Recommend a Friend scheme in place paying up to £900 per recommendation.
- Fixed 2-week rolling rota pattern.
- Free enhanced DBS check (subject to terms).
- Additional holidays for long service of 5 and 10 years.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Monthly staff lottery.
- Our latest CQC inspection report resulted in ‘Good’.
- We believe in providing individual care for individual people.
Could you care for someone the way that you would wish to be cared for? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Hit the Apply Now button below to register your interest.
- A phone call will be received within 24 hours (48 hours if application arrives over a weekend) so please make sure your telephone number is stated correctly.
- Before interview, a full application form will be sent to you by email to complete.
- Following interview, if offered a position you will join our next available induction programme.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. This position involves “regulated activity” as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and will therefore require an Enhanced DBS check.