Please be aware of scams currently operating throughout BANES/Somerset.
Please note the following
- The NHS will never ask you for your bank or card details.
- The NHS will never ask you for your PIN or banking password.
- The NHS will never arrive unannounced at your home to provide the vaccine.
- The NHS will never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport, driving licence, bills or pay slips.
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you are suspicious about an email you have received, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suspicious text messages should be forwarded to the number 7726, which is free of charge.
More information can be found here – https://newsroom.bathnes.gov.uk/news/scam-alert-residents-need-be-vigilant-criminals-offer-covid-19-vaccine